One of our goals here at Fairfield is to reduce complexity and our simple solution to becoming compliant to Natasha’s Law is no exception.
We have created a simple, cost-effective solution to take the pain away in making sure you can create, manage and print labels easily, offering either a printer connected to a PC or a stand-alone option, providing true flexibility in its use around your food preparation or labelling area.
Scenario 1: Here, the system is centered around a printer connected to your PC, with the database created using Microsoft Excel. The database is then linked to P-Touch label design software from Brother, which allows easy printing via a USB cable. 2″ wide or 4″ wide selected thermal printers can be used with this option.
Scenario 2: Here, the system is centered around a stand-alone printer. As above, the label design and database is created in exactly the same way on your PC and then transferred to the printer via USB. At this point, the printer can be disconnected from the PC, with the database now sitting on the printer. A screen and touch-pad allow database line or product selection via a search function and then the labels are printed to your required quantity. A key benefit of this scenario is that if the battery option is added to the printer, then there are no cables within your food preparation area.
At the heart of our simple solution is the TD-2130 printer from Brother. With a small footprint and excellent print quality due to its 300dpi print head, its an ideal printer for food labelling. Add to this a number of options and we can put together the ideal configuration for you:
Benefits of a stand-alone printer:
- Once data transferred to printer, a PC is not required
- Portable, stand-alone operation
- No cables if optional battery pack added
- Easy to use touch-pad with screen – print one label or many
- Database look-up via line number or product number
- Touch-pad has wipeable surface – no moving keys
- Optional label peeler can be added for ease of applying labels
- Your created database sits inside the printer, along with the label template
- FREE 3 year RTB (Return to Base) warranty
- Enhanced Industry-leading warranty available
We guide you through the complete project process:
- Site visit and project discussion
- Proof of concept
- Label design & prototype creation from your Microsoft Excel Data
- Installation & training
Need to scale up? No problem!
Fairfield offer the full range of label printers from Brother, to ensure whatever your labelling needs in terms of quantity / throughput required, we have a model for you from small footprint desk-top printers up to fully metal-cased industrial printers designed for continuous use in a production line environment.